Here I will just include common words used in Mystery Shopping and denote their definitions.
- Bonus - A bonus is offered in addition to a shop fee when a scheduler needs a shop completed immediately. Bonuses = Extra money.
- Certification - This is not necessary to begin mystery shopping, but once you get started it may be something you'd like to look into. There are two types of certification: Silver and Gold. Certifications are recognized as setting shoppers apart. Priority of assignments is given to Silver or Gold certified shoppers.
- Fee - In mystery shopping, a "fee" denotes what YOU will get PAID. It's not the same as the definition where something costs you.
- Mystery Shopping - A profession where various companies pay independent contractors (mystery shoppers) to complete an assortment of shopping trips undercover, who pose as regular customers to evaluate customer service and the like.
- Scheduler - Your "right-hand" man/woman. These people are like your "online boss." They schedule assignments for you whenever you contact them about a bonus shop or a regular shop.
- Shop - A Shop is a mystery shopping "assignment." An assignment is where you will be completing your undercover work (ie; a grocery store, the mall, etc).